- If you need a Visa to come to Germany, please use your personal letter of invitation to apply at a German embassy or consulate in your home country.
- To fly to Germany from outside Europe, the best way is to fly to Frankfurt International Airport (FRA). Try to get a connecting flight to Düsseldorf International Airport where we will have a pickup service to come to the conference venue. Please check, whether there is also a chance for a direct connecting flight to Düsseldorf International Airport (DUS), if you enter Europe at another international airport outside Germany (e.g. London, Amsterdam, Paris).
- If you fly to Germany from inside Europe, please try to go directly to Duesseldorf International Airport or take a connecting flight to this airport. Pick up service is available.
- Delegates who do not want or do not need to take a flight to Frankfurt or Duesseldorf may take a train directly to Essen main station. There are also fast ICE trains (German Rail – Deutsche Bahn) available which are directly located at Frankfurt International Airport Station and which run to Essen Main Station into approx. 2 to 3 hours.
- There is also a pickup service at Essen Main Station for the conference venue at Velen.
- If someone will travel by private/ rented car to Velen, select finally motor way No. 31, exit No. 34, Borken to federal motorway B67, direction Bocholt / Velen. After 5 km you will enter the community of Velen with the sign “Sportschloß” (Sport Castle). Follow the direction of the sign which will lead you to the parking places alongside the Castle
We kindly ask everyone to let us know your destination of arrival (either Duesseldorf Airport or Essen Main Station) and your time of arrival. From Duesseldorf our shuttle bus will take about 90 minutes to Velen, from Essen Main Station about 75 minutes.
If you need to know any further or detailed item about your travel plan, please, do not hesitate to contact us by email.